General Terms Of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms
By accessing this web site, you are subject to the following terms as part of the General Terms of Service, which may be updated without notice to you at any time. By using Quarterlette.com (“The Site”), you agree to all terms within the General Terms of Service and all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
3. Uploading, Posting and Submitting Content
You, the user of The Site, agree that any content uploaded, posted, emailed, or transmitted is non-confidential and that Quarterlette shall have a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use any such content (“The Content”) in connection with The Site and our business (and any successors or assigns), including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of The Content (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Site.
By using this site, user understands that all content posted by users, publicly or privately, is the sole responsibility of the user from which the content originated, therefore, you as the user are solely responsible for all content that is uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted.
5. Limitations of Liability
You agree and understand that in no event will Quarterlette be liable, either directly or indirectly, for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, due to business interruption, use, data or other intangible losses) resulting from the use of or inability to use the materials on The Site. . Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, the stated limitations may not apply to you specifically.
Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
User agrees to indemnify and hold us, our parents, friends, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User’s use of the Site, the violation of these Terms of Service by User, or the infringement by User, or any other user of User’s account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
7. Disclaimer & Warranty
Quarterlette does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on The Site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Your use of The Site is at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. We make no warranty that The Site will meet your requirements, that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free, accurate, or that the products, services, and information that you purchase or obtain through The Site will meet your expectations.
Any material downloaded, accessed, viewed or otherwise obtained through the use of The Site is done at your own discretion and risk. You agree that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from downloading any material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Quarterlette.com or through The Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms Of Service.
8. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Quarterlette does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Quarterlette may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Quarterlette does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
9. Copyright & Trademarks
All materials on The Site (including, without limitation to, the logo, articles, images, and other files) are proprietary and copyrighted property of The Site. Use of the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial), or the removal and/or transfer of materials to another person or website is strictly prohibited unless you have received specific written consent from the founders of Quarterlette.com.
Similarly, the name, Quarterlette.com is trademarked and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. In addition, all other content such as graphics, images, and service marks may not be used without prior written consent from The Site.
10. Links and Site Linking
Quarterlette has not reviewed all of the sites linked to The Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Quarterlette of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to The Site provided such link does not portray Quarterlette or any of its services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time. We may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (“Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. We do not monitor, nor do we have any control over, any Third Party Content. We do not endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. We make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third Party Content, or any information contained therein, and undertake no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. When leaving The Site, you should be aware that these Terms of Service no longer govern, and, therefore, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that particular site. Users use these links and Third Party Content contained therein at their own risk.
11. Termination of Site Use
Quarterlette.com reserve the right to terminate your access to the site or your registration in the event that you breach the Terms Of Service or any additional policies (comments, privacy, submission).
12. Giveaways and Contests
To participate in a website giveaway, visit the giveaway section of the website to learn more about the details of the specific giveaway. Enter the giveaway based on the presented instructions, which might change with each giveaway program. No purchase necessary. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Winner(s) will be selected within approximately two (2) weeks of the end of the giveaway contest as stated on the giveaway page in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the giveaway contest. Drawing will be conducted by Quarterlette whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the giveaway. The winner(s) will be announced on the Quarterlette website, social media, newsletter, email or by another noted method determined by Quarterlette.
Entrants consent to having their name published publicly on any of Quarterlette’s platforms. Prizes will be mailed to the address associated with the entrant’s account at the time of entry. Allow six to eight weeks for delivery. No returns, exchanges, or substitutions. No cash value. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsors and their agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsors, their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Quarterlette will not pay for giveaway travel expenses unless otherwise noted. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Quarterlette, LLC.
13. Advertising & Affiliate Disclosure
Quarterlette will occasionally accept forms of cash or other forms of compensation for blog posts, social media promotion or other extensions of the Quarterlette brand. We adhere to a strict policy of only working with brands that we personally trust and believe in, and any opinions are strictly our own. The compensation received could influence the advertising content or topics. Any time we work with a paid advertiser, we will call out the sponsorship opportunity acknowledging that the post is in partnership with a brand.
This site will use select affiliate links, which means a commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
14. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Site shall be governed by the laws of New York State, except in regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Below are the rules as stated by Quarterlette regarding the Commenting Policy on all properties associated with the Quarterlette brand:
1. We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content in our sole discretion that we deem to be harmful to Users, Quarterlette or the rights of any third party, or that violate any applicable law. This includes the right, but not the obligation, to remove any text or images uploaded by you that we deem in our sole judgment to be inappropriate or that we believe may subject us to any liability.
2. Quarterlette may not monitor all postings at all times and therefore, you, the user, agree to use and rely on the comments at your own risk. Quarterlette cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. Quarterlette likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our sites, either online or offline. If you elect to meet in person with someone you may meet on our sites, you do so at your own risk, and under no circumstances will Quarterlette be liable for any activity or injury that may occur. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site, you consent to this transfer. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with this website in the federal and state courts of, and in accordance with the laws of New York.
3. You are aware that this is a public domain. We encourage your true comments, but you are legally responsible for those comments, not Quarterlette. Please be careful and cautious while commenting so as to not hurt, offend, and insult fellow readers.
4. Quarterlette has the authority to delete any comments that we deem inappropriate for the brand.
5. Comments must refrain from including any profanity on the site. Please only comment in English. Please do not insult any writer on this site, which may result in deletion of comment and termination of commenting capabilities.
6. No libel or abuse: You are prohibited from making comments that are defamatory, false or misleading, abusive, obscene, or of a sexual nature, offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory and harassing against certain groups.
7. Report Abuse- we encourage you to report abuse to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to maintain the highest standards of respecting those in our community. If you find a comment that does not abide by our rules, please report that comment/user.
8. Respect: Please always keep in mind the mission of Quarterlette.com (to support, guide and inspire Quarterlettes) when choosing your comments. We seek comments that will align with our mission, not go against it.
9. Confidentiality, privacy: please respect users’ privacy. Please do not comment using others’ private information (name, number, email, etc.).
10. No Advertising or Solicitation: You are prohibited from using the site for promotion of your own products, services or for any other commercial purpose unless it relates to content previously discussed, and agreed upon, by Quarterlette.com.
11. Removal Of Content:
Reader comments that violate these terms may be removed (or, if checked in advance, not published in the first place). If we do remove something, we will generally remove whole posts, or where necessary, whole threads (not parts). This means that even if only one sentence is objectionable, the whole comment will usually be removed (or not published).
If a comment or a thread is removed, this may be for any number of reasons. Usually, this will be because the comment breaks these rules or our Terms Of Service or is the subject of an abuse report. Sometimes, the comment may be removed because it is connected to another comment that is being removed. Quarterlette may or may not inform you of the removal of your comment.
12. Suspension and Termination: We reserve the right to suspend or ban an account at our discretion.
Quarterlette reserves the following rights in relation to article submissions on www.quarterlette.com:
2. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (a) edit the Content, (b) supplement or co-mingle the Content with our trade names, trademarks, and service marks and with content provided by us or by third parties, (c) remove the Content from Quarterlette.com; and (d) benefit commercially from the Content.
3. For Writers: In exchange for the exposure you will be given on Quarterlette.com if the editors choose to publish your article, you grant us non-exclusive rights to the Content including the perpetual and unconditional right to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display the Content (including any drawings, images, sounds, video recordings, or other data embedded in the Content and including derivative works based on the Content) for any purpose and in any manner or medium anywhere.
4. By submitting your work to Quarterlette.com, you agree that you will not be getting paid or otherwise compensated for your content. If you are a writer looking for payment, please do not submit to this platform. This site is intended only for those who agree to receive exposure in exchange for their article. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to receive compensation or reimbursement of any kind for your Content.
5. If your Content is accepted for publication on the site, we will give you the choice as to whether you would like to post your name to be featured next to your work in addition to a website/blog that you would like to link back to in order to help further promote yourself, your work or a cause that is important to you (Quarterlette reserves the right to approve that specified link). Please understand, however, that we make no representations, warranties, or promises whatsoever regarding the level of exposure that you or your Content will receive through our site.
6. You represent and warrant to us the following before submitting an article to The Site:
– That you are 18 years of age or older
– The Content will be an original work created by you that has not been published elsewhere.
– The Content will not contain any express or implied statements of fact that are untrue, false, or misleading
– The Content will not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of any third party
– The Content will not contain any defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, or unlawful material. You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any damages sustained or expenses incurred (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim, action or proceeding based on an actual or alleged violation of these representations and warranties.
7. You are solely responsible for any legal or other repercussions that occur as a result of your Content posted on our site. We assume no responsibility or liability, which may arise from your Content.
8. You acknowledge that there is no partnership, joint venture, employment, consulting or other such relationship between you or us (Quarterlette.com).
9. The terms of this Agreement are binding. We may assign, license or transfer any or all of the Rights you have granted to us to any other person or entity.
10. Quarterlette.com reserves the right to alter any of the provisions and terms at any time.
1) We will collect and use your personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will not disclose to any unauthorized third party a member’s name or contact information. We will also not monitor, edit or disclose the contents of any member’s information unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public; (4) to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable; or (5) fix or debug problems with our servers/software/service.
2) We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
3) We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
4) We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
5) We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
6) In addition, we may use information you provide us through emails, Q & A, blogs, forums, in response to polls, or though any other user-generated submission for editorial purposes, and may use your name and any stories you provide us in articles published. Please be advised that any such submissions become the property of Quarterlette and may be used by Quarterlette for any lawful purpose. If you provide us with personal anecdotes, they may be attributed to you. Quarterlette can edit, rewrite, use, and reuse the content, including your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information you provide, in any way and any media whether now known or invented in the future, with or without attribution.
Quarterlette will be committed to abiding by these rules and protecting the privacy of its users.